In a strategic move to bolster the management of the Midstream and Downstream Gas Infrastructure Fund (MDGIF), President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has given his approval for the formation of a Governing Council. The Council will be situated within the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA).
This development was communicated to journalists through a statement by Ajuri, Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to President Tinubu. The statement emphasized the President’s directive for the appointees to carry out their responsibilities with the utmost commitment to transparency, discipline, and patriotism. These principles align with the administration’s overarching goal of strengthening the role of the gas sector to foster robust and inclusive economic growth in Nigeria.
The appointed members of the MDGIF Governing Council are as follows:
- Chairman of MDGIF Governing Council: Minister of State, Petroleum Resources (Gas)
- MDGIF Executive Director: Mr. Oluwole Adama
- MDGIF Governing Council Secretary: Mr. Joseph Tolorunshe
- NMDPRA Chief Executive: Engr. Farouk Ahmed
- Representative of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- Representative of the Federal Ministry of Finance
- MDGIF Independent Member (North-East): Ms. Amina Maina
- MDGIF Independent Member (South-South): Mr. Edet David Ubong
- MDGIF Independent Member (South-West): Mr. Tajudeen Bolaji Musa