Nyesom Wike, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), has taken decisive action by approving the immediate termination of the appointments of 21 heads of various parastatals, agencies, and government companies operating under the jurisdiction of the FCT Administration (FCTA).
The announcement was conveyed via an official statement issued by Anthony Ogunleye, the Director of Press in the Office of the Minister, on Wednesday. The directive from Minister Wike instructed the affected appointees to promptly hand over the responsibilities of their respective offices to the most senior officers in terms of rank.
The list of the 21 officials whose appointments have been terminated includes individuals from a diverse range of agencies and organizations within the FCTA:
- Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Abuja Investment Company Ltd
- CEO/MD of Abuja Markets Management Ltd
- MD/CEO of Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company
- CEO/MD of Abuja Property Development Company
- CEO/MD of Abuja Technology Village Free Trade Zone Company
- CEO/MD of Abuja Film Village International
- CEO/MD of Powernoth AICL Equipment Leasing Company Ltd
- Managing Director of Abuja Broadcasting Corporation
- Managing Director of Abuja Enterprise Agency
- General Manager of FCT Water Board
- Director-General of FCT Emergency Management Agency
- Executive Secretary of FCT Primary Healthcare Board
- Director-General of Hospital Management Board
- Director of Abuja Environmental Protection Board
- Director of FCT Scholarship Board
- Director of FCT Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board
- Director of Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board
- Coordinator of Abuja Infrastructure Investment Center
- Director of FCT Health Insurance Scheme
- Coordinator of Satellite Towns Development Department
- Coordinator of Abuja Metropolitan Management Council
The directive from Minister Wike explicitly mandates the outgoing officials to ensure a seamless transition of duties to their respective successors, who will be appointed in due course.
This move by the FCT Minister is expected to bring about a reshuffling of leadership roles within the capital territory and may signify a shift in priorities or strategies for various agencies and parastatals under the FCTA. It remains to be seen who will fill these crucial positions in the coming days as the FCT Administration moves forward with its plans and initiatives.