The Board and Management of DAAR COMMUNICATIONS PLC has announced the appointment of four new Directors to join the existing ones. This was made known through a statement released by the company to Investing Public”, on The Nigeria Exchange Limited (NGX) website.
The newly appointed Directors are:
- Mr. Emeka Mba
- Mr. Obi Asika
- Mr. Chukwudumije E. Igwe
- Hon Onyibe Magnus Chukwuma
The appointments were consequent upon the approval of the Board of DAAR Communications Plc, during her 103rd meeting held on 12th September,2023, and in line with Section 274(1) of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) 2020.
Brief Profiles of each of the new directors.
- Mr. Emeka Mba: A distinguished Professional in Media Industry. Former Director General (DG)/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of National Film Video Board and Nigeria Broadcasting Commission (NBC). Former CEO of Media Place. Former CEO/Managing Director of Questech Consulting. Former Content, Regulatory Affairs Manager of Multichoice Nigeria Ltd and currently the CEO OF Afia TV.
- Mr. Obi Asika: An experienced Executive Producer, Producer, Curator and Content Developer of Original content, talent and platforms for TV, Video, Music and Live events. He is acknowledged as a Pioneer and Leader of the Entertainment and Cultural Industries, and he is also a judge on the Nigerian Idol Talent Show.
- Mr. Chukwudumije E. Igwe: A Consunmate Finance Professional with several years of Corporate, Project and Capital Markets Financing. A Climate Fund Manager, Infrastructure Financier, Corporate Banker, Syndicator, Capital Markets/Advisory Professional. He is currently the Africa Project & Finance Lead at Access Bank Plc.
- Mr Onyibe Magnus Chukwuma: A Public and Private Practitioner. A two-time Commissioner with Delta State Government, Ex-Banker with Continental Trust Bank and former Broadcaster with Nigeria Television Authority (NTA). He is a Columnist and Public Affairs Analyst and currently the President/CEO of Inspire Group.